Thursday, February 2, 2012

Creative Every Day Challenge: Night

"Wanderlust". Nick Mauss, 2003
Constant struggle between the light and the dark.


I have decided to participate in something called the “creative every day challenge.” My brain has tirelessly haunted me with the same repetitive thoughts, so it would be fun (or at least distracting) to deepen into imposed topics to get my creativeness running more fluently instead of stalling annoyingly in dead ends.

When something is severely disturbing my conscience, I can find no rest, even in the middle of nighttime. At 2:30 in the morning, my thoughts were distressing my sleep and I was sick of everlasting series of rambling thoughts, so I decided to write about the topic of this month. It was also, moreover, the perfect opportunity for me to stumble on some creativeness and finally find serenity. Without deepening too much on the subject, although my grandmother continuously believed I would blind myself for reading and writing with little light, I truly understand how inspirational darkness can be to an artist (if I allow myself to be called such a thing). The silence of night is unparalleled; it is almost heightened when losing your eyesight in the obscure and the unknown. It seems that your thoughts naturally flow faster, as if the words fade before they can turn into a complete sentence, and you can feel the calmness crawling under your skin and your heartbeat becoming the soundtrack of your sleep. In the midst of shadows, profound remorse and hidden notions become as clear as the day, ironically. Therefore, everything seems to flow smoothly, since you feel more in touch with your inner self, even if you are half awake. Maybe I’m just over thinking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment