Saturday, December 31, 2011

Why Is 2011 Leaving?

Bird's Eye View - Shenzhen. Weng Fen, 2002.
Learning from the past, but always looking to the future and what it's ahead of us.


Being this the last day of the year, it is not surprising to find many of us thinking about the memories and experiences another year has contributed to our life story. Despite of my suffering from the lack of ability to equilibrate strong cognitions simultaneously, 2011 was a pretty unforgettable year, yet I do not understand why I have the need to acknowledge the year’s blessings at the very end. Is it easier for us to look back and recognize the steps we have taken in 365 days? Or do we follow Aristotle’s theory and believe that the end of everything we do is happiness? Nevertheless, everybody desires to successfully conclude their year without dramatic interventions or physical danger, although those resolutions seem implausible these days. Maybe, we just need to find new realistic resolutions in order to find the last day of the year satisfactory, instead of frustrating over not meeting Justin Bieber. Or maybe, we need to become oblivious of New Year’s resolutions and just live your life to the fullest, taking day by day. This is the point I was trying to get at, if I hadn’t allowed myself to ramble so much. Subsisting one day at the time with little regard to the future is extremely difficult. We humans have a tendency to count the days; instead of making them count… we are afraid of being reckless. We are afraid of change. At least I am very aware that I am. However, things will not stay the same no matter how much we would like them to, and when a life change occurs, we have two choices in how to respond. We can despair that a change has come and assume the worsening of the situation, or we can respond with excitement at the new possibilities the change presents. I want to live day by day; I’m just not sure if I will follow what I preach. Hopefully, 2012 will allow me to be illogical and incomprehensible, without me having to explain it to anyone (just like I was in 2011).

Critical Final Thoughts of 2011: One of the best years of my life.

I love my friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment