Monday, December 5, 2011

Dear Angel

Wings are placed on the most unexpected people.


Millions of spiritual creatures walk the earth unseen, enlightening paths when dark days prevail. Nevertheless, dear Angel, I feel alone. I miss your echoes of mercy and whispers of love. I haven’t tried to silence the static of worry, the stress of disorder and the magnitude of life. It is my fault that you are not here; I myself have frightened you away. What can I say? I wasn’t prepared for your sudden goodbye, nor for time to march forward, stopping for no one. I’ve struggled through the remainder of life, holding onto the memories, determined to never forget you and never let you go. I will never forget the first time I met your daring eyes. They were beyond anything earthly I had seen. I realized you were heaven sent, and to God I thanked for my life you touched with just a simple gaze. Every moment of bliss is made bittersweet by your absence and every second that passes disintegrates my heart. Never should you worry, my dear Angel, I will eventually be fine. It doesn’t matter if I can’t see your wings, you, my angel, have wiped the tears I shed since I could no longer hold you in my arms. I will feel how you fly so high beyond my sight, but always caring down upon me.  Closing my eyes, opening my heart, I obey this immortal touch, this light caress, and this unreal illusion. I will find my way over these crashing shores, knowing within my heart that my soul will always find yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment