Thursday, December 15, 2011

Good-bye My Dear Place

         
          Good-bye exasperating sound of gunshots in the middle of the night. Good-bye acidic taste of dismissing your friends when graduating because of the lack of opportunities.  Good-bye never-ending televised presidential lectures talking about the supposed improvements of Venezuela’s economy. Good-bye non-existent public transportation system, which instead of taking people everywhere, takes crime everywhere. Good-bye desperation and anxiety whenever I leave my house (or even in my house). Good-bye land of the forgotten, I wish to never come back.

          Good-bye satisfying smell of my grandma’s kitchen, replete with Cuban flavor and spicy humor. Good-bye everlasting revolutionary chatter on my aunt’s dining room every Sunday night.  Good-bye soothing caresses while sitting on my stepfather’s lap. Good-bye sweet and salty taste of cheese and plantain in every lunch. Good-bye impromptu diners with my best friends, sharing new stories and experiences. Good-bye dear place, I will forever love your flaws and your mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment