Monday, November 21, 2011

A Colorful Unreal Perspective

One of my favorite artists, Gerhard Richter, over painted my dreamed location: San Francisco





My shades of black and gray can only bring a sense of the unreal to the acclaimed as one of the world’s most beautiful bridges, drifting upon the sensory beauty featuring orange vermillion, sweeping cold cables and the blinding rays of the sun. I can only mean illusion; a daydream in the fixed pathway between two stable ways of thinking and living… yet built high above a watery, changeable element.

…But I can also mean reality. The very real emotion of an artist, immersed in his perception of his dimensional world, caught up in a reflection of his sensitivity. A common photograph, a hand movement, a reawakened desire… A heart beating faster with each vision of what lay ahead… A feeling materialized.



1 comment:

  1. Dear Embracer of JP, WOW! I am entertained by what you choose to show me, the places you lead me. You give me ideas and I am fed. You make me think, feel, and wonder!

    You have a GIFT!

    ReplyDelete